Applying and auditioning for a performing arts major is much more complicated than applying for any other major. Because the competition is fierce, we highly recommend that students audition for 12-15 schools. Typically, no two schools have the same audition requirements. The Broadway Training Intensive College Audition Workshop is here to help!
• Master classes cover monologue selection and coaching, finding the best songs, vocal technique, acting a song, interviewing, what to expect in a dance audition, and what to wear.
• Students take home the largest and most comprehensive list of musical theatre and acting programs in the country.
“This list was the single most useful resource
in deciding which schools to apply to.”
– BTI Alumni: Annie
• Students receive Coaching on both a song and monologue of their choosing.
• Students get invaluable feedback in a Mock College Audition.
• The workshop opens with the seminar “Choosing the Right, College, Conservatory, or University for You” which is an outline of the entire process and will answer all of your questions and more. Auditioning for colleges can be very expensive, and you need to know how to budget and plan ahead if you want to control costs. Parents are invited to attend this portion, which is 9:30 – 11:00 a.m!
• Students will leave knowing how to find, audition for, and get accepted to the right musical theatre or acting program for them.
“There is so much anxiety over choosing the right school.
The College Audition Workshop definitely helped eliminate a lot of that.”
– BTI Alumni: Anne
Date/Time: October 12, 9:30am-6:00pm (there will be a lunch break)
Location: SA Studios- 525 Parrott Street, San Jose 95112
Recommended for grades 10-12